Curious kids feel right at home at Glessner House Museum.
George and Fanny Glessner grew up on Chicago's exclusive Prairie Avenue in their parents' extraordinary winter home, a special place filled with art, music, and self-discovery. Encouraged by their mom and dad to pursue their own unique interests, George and Fanny were curious kids who never stopped learning. Explore what their life was like, how their family's experiences shaped Chicago history, and why their unusual house at 1800 S. Prairie Avenue is now a National Historic Landmark.
Encourage your curious kid.
Junior Membership at Glessner House Museum is a special opportunity to introduce your young person to the joys of history, preservation, and stewardship - setting them on a course of life-long learning inspired by the Glessners' own commitment to curiosity.
Curious kids are invited to become members of the Glessner House Museum for just $5.00 per year! With a junior membership you will receive:
- Unlimited free admission to Glessner House Museum during regular tour hours for the Junior Member and one accompanying adult
- The Junior Journal - our digital newsletter just for kids
- Special birthday greeting
- 10% discount on merchandise in the museum store
- 20% discount on admission to most children's programs and events
- Listing on donor Honor Roll
- Reciprocal museum admission program through Time Travelers
All curious kids are welcome. Recommended for children ages 3 through 13.