“Glessner House is still an unknown treasure in Chicago and nationally.”
We hear this sentiment often, this time it was mentioned during interviews with supporters as a new fundraising plan was prepared for the House. With your help we have come a long way but there is still much more to do to maintain and prepare this magnificent landmark for the future.
Just in the past twelve months we have:
· Offered dozens of engaging programs ranging from lectures and workshops to dining experiences and musical performances.
· Restored the master bedroom fireplace with its stunning original De Morgan designed tiles.
· Completed an in-depth audience engagement survey to help us learn more about our current and potential audiences and how we can better meet their needs and expectations.
· Welcomed over 2,500 visitors in one weekend during Open House Chicago.
· Launched Time Travelers, a program designed to introduce 3rd grade students to architecture, design, and social history using Glessner House and its abundant stories as teaching tools.
· Given tours to hundreds of college students, historians, photographers, architects, preservationists, and other special groups from throughout the US and abroad.
You can help make Glessner House even more successful in 2019 and beyond!